Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Goodbye, Florida


Today, my three-week retreat in southwest Florida is coming to an end....

I leave with mixed feelings...on one hand, I am sad to leave. I love my house here in Fort Myers. I love the layout; I love the view out my back window; and I love, love, love the feeling I have while I’m here...a feeling of zen and peaceful serenity that is hard to say goodbye to.

On the other hand, I’ve been alone (for the most part) - and I miss my family back home in Kansas City. I miss my hubby; I miss my kids; and I especially miss my kitty cats, as much as they drive me crazy sometimes.

My life in each of these two houses is as different as it can be...my life in Florida: quiet. Not busy. Peaceful. My life in Kansas City: busy. Busy. Busy. Errands. Chores. Appointments.

In some ways, my life reflects the Zodiac sign that I was born under: Gemini. Sign of the twins. Dual existence. And in my case, so, so true - two separate lives, with different agendas, different friends, different everything....

I’m fortunate that I can balance these two sides of my life, and I’m not complaining...just reflecting.

So...goodbye, SWFL...and hello, KCMO.

I’ll be back.

Signature

No comments: