Thursday, August 2, 2012

Did Ya' Miss Me??






Well, look at that.

I'm back.

Sort of.

I DID go off and pull my usual summertime disappearing act...that's pretty par for the course for me. Summers are just too special to sit inside on a hot computer, and blog. They're meant to be outside, chasing fireflies and having picnics and going to the beach and swimming and gardening and looking at clouds and drinking lemonade...among other things.

This summer...although technically not "over", is winding down. The kids start back at school in two weeks, and so we've started focusing on all of that "school" stuff. Shopping for new clothes, new supplies, etc...getting haircuts and doctor appointments completed...picking up school schedules and bus schedules. Fun stuff. The kids are SO excited. Not. But Mama is. Hee hee.

It WAS a great summer...we were blessed to go on a Mediterranean cruise, where we did magical things like conquering the Colosseum in Rome, climbing the Leaning Tower in Pisa, visiting David in Florence, eating pizza in Naples, drinking ouzo in Greece, and nibbling on Turkish Delight in...well...Turkey. We met an amazing amount of new and special people and we have memories to last lifetimes...

No sooner had we finished that, then Dear Daughter and I went on a short Caribbean cruise, where we visited St. Thomas and St. Maarten...we didn't meet as many people, but we had fun getting to spend time with just each other. She'll be 13 in two weeks...I have to take these moments when I can, as I know she'll be gone soon.

When we weren't cruising, we were just chillin' in our Ft. Myers home...enjoying the pool, the tennis courts, and the beach. We won't mention dealing with a/c repairmen, plumbers and satellite dish installers. Or weeding out nut grass for three days, while getting eaten alive by pesky mosquitoes and chiggers. Or dodging the black snake that insists on living in my back yard and will NOT go away, regardless of the amount of praying I've done. No. We won't mention that stuff.

It's been bittersweet, though...I've missed my family and friends back home...I've missed my furry children... I've missed my volunteer work...and I've missed the familiarity of what "home" means.

We head home on Saturday, and I am a tad bit excited. It will be good to get back in the "routine." The routine of housework, bill-paying, lunching with friends, volunteering, and - most importantly - blogging.

I'm back.

Almost, anyway.

Peace.

Signature

2 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Action-packed and memory making: The Best of Summer;)

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

Sounds like a great summer!!
Yea, I missed ya!!! and your adventures!!!!
Lois