Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ninjas vs Jelly-Filled Donuts



Anyone ever see the Bill Murray movie, "Groundhog Day"?

This 1993 comedy classic had Bill Murray portraying a weatherman who finds himself repeating the same day over, and over, and over again.

And this would now be my life. Bleh.

The last week has found me repeating the same sorry routine over, and over, and over again.

To summarize: I wake up. I drug up. I rest up.

And then repeat.

Groundhog Day.

I'm on Day #7 of my antibiotics for the sinus infection, and I'd like to say that I'm seeing improvement.

Unfortunately, I find myself getting worse...the infection has made its way to my left ear, where it appears to have settled in for the long haul and is seeking permanent residency.

This morning provided some excitement, when I broke from my usual routine, by waking up at 3:15 in the morning with an ear ache so intensely painful, I seriously thought someone was driving an ice pick through it.

That would be the infection deciding to move furniture into my left ear, since it appears to be staying awhile.

Besides just downright feeling horrible and exhausted, I'm struggling with a huge disconnect from reality that is driving me nearly insane.

When I think of myself, and my physical abilities, I like to think of myself as a Ninja.
(Don't laugh.)

Ninjas are super-strong, fierce, and immune to measly virus & bacteria-causing illnesses. Ninjas don't need stinkin' antibiotics and pain pills - and even if they do, they rebound back to pure physical glory in one measly day.

I must now realize that I am not, indeed, a Ninja. Not even close.
(You probably already knew that.)

No, I am not a Ninja.

In reality, I am nothing but a jelly-filled donut.


Soft...squishy...with nothing substantial inside...

Trying to reconcile the two - Ninja vs Donut - is very sobering...and very frustrating...

Every day, I wake up expecting Ninja Drama Queen.

And every day, I am faced with jelly-filled Donut Drama Queen.

Sigh.

Just another "Groundhog Day" in my life.

Peace.

Signature

3 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Every once in a while our bodies just have to yell at us to stop. Then we have no choice but to listen. Feel better soon, my friend.

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

Hope your soon on the mend. I know the pain. I too, had a sinus infection and it drained through my ear and broke my ear drum in the process!!!!! No surround sound!!!!

Lois

LuAnne Lizotte said...

Oh, I think you maybe need a new doc or another appt for a shot. I find that helps me quick.
I have a feeling my hubby would be bundling me up and we would be on the way to the er. He is funy that way. I think he loves me. lol