Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Random Musings

Random musings on a Tuesday afternoon...




...I am totally in love with Sanuk flip-flops. I got my first pair of Sanuks about a year ago, in a little beach shack in Ft. Myers. Being somewhat flip-flop challenged my entire life, I was skeptical that I would like them...but I have to say - I am HOOKED. So much so, I am now a faithful customer on their web site...and my latest purchase, my "Get Lei'd" casual shoes, are like walking on clouds. If you love laid-back shoes, that are eco-green and comfortable, then check out Sanuk.




...The recent "Hatfields & McCoys" saga on the History Channel sucked me in. Six freakin' hours...but six hours of Kevin Costner and Powers Boothe? Yum. Anywho, not only was the television special riveting, it now has me reading more into the famous family feud; my latest Kindle choice is "Blood Feud: The Hatfields and the McCoys: The Epic Story of Murder and Vengeance" by Lisa Alther. Good stuff.




...Bee stings suck. Especially when one is minding one's own business, like floating in a swimming pool. I guess it's part of the perils of summer...and I'm just thankful that I don't appear to be allergic to them; just annoyed by them.




...I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but I am in love with the Nike+GPS application on my iPhone. I had the "original" Nike+GPS gizmo, where you had to put the little sensor in your running shoe. Hated it - mainly because I don't like Nike running shoes, so it was somewhat worthless. This newer application doesn't require a separate sensor, and it is very user-friendly. I am totally geeking out seeing my runs mapped out, along with my pace....Too cool.




...Two weeks from today, our family will be boarding a plane, on our way to Europe for a two-week vacation. Spain, France, Italy, Turkey and Greece...to take in history, architecture, culture, and food. It will be nice to finally be in the "enjoyment phase" rather than the "planning phase"...as the planning has been well over a year now.




...Two weeks from yesterday, I will be reaching a milestone birthday. A half-century old...wow. It's very true that although the body may age, the mind stays young, so I don't FEEL like I'm getting older. Although when I creak and hobble sometimes, my body tells me otherwise.


Off to enjoy the rest of my Tuesday afternoon...and staying away from angry bees who don't like humans sharing their swimming pool...

Peace.

Signature

1 comment:

Mental P Mama said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!! Awesome stuff going on! And I love being 50 (ish) :)