Saturday, March 9, 2019

Mr(s) Cellophane


One of the best Broadway musicals EVER is “Chicago.”

Between the plot, the choreography, and the music - the entire show is nothing short of perfection.

There’s one particular song that really doesn’t get the love that it deserves, and I have an entire new appreciation for it after some recent experiences while visiting Disney World.

The song, “Mr. Cellophane”, basically is a lament by one of the male characters in the show, about not really being “seen” or appreciated by...well...just about everyone.

The chorus goes something like this:

“Cellophane, Mister Cellophane
Should have been my name, Mister Cellophane
'Cause you can look right through me
Walk right by me and never know I'm there.”


So, I’m down at Disney World this week for another solo adventure, and I’ve been having a great time, riding rides, noshing on delicious food, and sipping some enticing drinks. The other morning, I rode the highlight ride at Magic Kingdom, the Seven Dwarves Mine Train roller coaster, and I had to laugh when I saw my ride photos:


That’s me. In the “cellophane”. Which is really a giant poncho, that was flying in the wind and rain that was hitting us at the moment. There’s another funny photo:


But my FAVORITE photo of me this week was captured after I rode the Buzz Lightyear ride in Magic Kingdom:


Going back to the lyrics of the song, “You can look right through me, walk right by me, and never know I’m there.”

I died when I saw this photo. I died.

So, I’m feeling very Mr. Cellophane-y while here, but I can promise that I really AM here, and having a great time! More photos, stories and reviews to follow!

Signature

No comments: