Tuesday, May 19, 2009

10 on Tuesday: Things to Do in the Summer


Summer is almost here - yay! - and so I thought I'd make a list of 10 things that I love to do in the summer, in no particular order:

1. Sleeping with the windows open and listening to the crickets outside.

2. Going to see a Royals baseball game at the "K".

3. Taking the kids to the zoo...I love the elephants.

4. Sitting outside at night while there's a breeze, listening to the kids playing and laughing.

5. Mowing the grass - I love the sight and smell of a fresh-mowed lawn.

6. Weeding my flower garden.

7. Going to Starlight Theater on Friday nights - we've had season tickets for years.

8. Going on vacation - anywhere, anytime.

9. Taking the dog for a walk around the neighborhood and admiring everyone else's flowers and fresh-cut grass.

10. Wearing shorts and t-shirts and tank tops....woo hoo!

Let's see what I can accomplish this summer...what are YOUR favorite things to do when the weather turns warm?

Peace.

No comments: