Tuesday, May 19, 2009
10 on Tuesday: Things to Do in the Summer
Summer is almost here - yay! - and so I thought I'd make a list of 10 things that I love to do in the summer, in no particular order:
1. Sleeping with the windows open and listening to the crickets outside.
2. Going to see a Royals baseball game at the "K".
3. Taking the kids to the zoo...I love the elephants.
4. Sitting outside at night while there's a breeze, listening to the kids playing and laughing.
5. Mowing the grass - I love the sight and smell of a fresh-mowed lawn.
6. Weeding my flower garden.
7. Going to Starlight Theater on Friday nights - we've had season tickets for years.
8. Going on vacation - anywhere, anytime.
9. Taking the dog for a walk around the neighborhood and admiring everyone else's flowers and fresh-cut grass.
10. Wearing shorts and t-shirts and tank tops....woo hoo!
Let's see what I can accomplish this summer...what are YOUR favorite things to do when the weather turns warm?