Monday, May 4, 2009

Confession: I'm a Coupon Junkie



I have a confession to make...

I won't buy anything unless it's on sale. And I combine sales with using coupons. And I love to brag about a good shopping trip.

I admit I am not the "expert" at this coupon game; I'm still just a lowly novice. But I've been having fun learning to play! I went to a seminar back in November that taught us how to utilize sales, coupons and other tricks in order to save, save, save. Since I don't work any more, I feel that by doing this, I'm contributing financially to the household. Today, I went to my FAVORITE store, CVS Pharmacy. I bought all of the stuff below:

My original total was $129.08. I paid $56.52...saving a whopping $72.56. AND...I got $15 in "free" money to use on my next trip to CVS.

I did this by shopping for what's on sale, using coupons, and using my ECB card to get me the best deals and to earn free ECB bucks for my next trip. It's always fun to see what I can get and how little I can pay for it.

Now, admittedly, some of you may argue that some of the stuff I bought today was not really a necessity...but I would beg to differ, especially when it comes to chocolate. Some of the snacks you see are actually for the 12-hour road trip coming up on Saturday to Galveston; we need something to munch on, for heaven's sake! So, I could probably have come out even better if I had stuck to true necessities, but a girl's gotta have fun, right?!

No comments: