Friday, March 30, 2012

When Dreams Collide



Giant, razor-sharp, jagged teeth...wrapped around my head and sinking in deeper and deeper....

The ferocious lion had me at it's mercy, and I was struggling with everything I had to escape the jaws of death.

And then I woke up.

Seriously. This is the freakin' nightmare I woke up from this morning, with my heart pounding and palms sweating...I really, really, really thought I was a goner.

I was the kibble for some random King of the Jungle, and it wasn't pretty.

(Maybe this was Karma calling for eating Kangaroo the other night? Surely not. Right??)

So tonight, I was describing my frightening dream for my family...going into vivid detail of just how the sharp incisors felt, sinking into my vulnerable skull.

A bit later, Hubby wants to share HIS dream from last night, and he begins by saying, "My dream was just bizarre. All I can remember is, I was eating raw meat in MY dream."

Wait.

HE's eating raw meat? While I'M getting eaten by a lion?

Coincidence????

I think not.

I looked at him in shock and horror, after I put 2 and 2 together, and shrieked, "You must have been BITING me in your sleep last night!!!!"

"What???!!"

"Seriously!", I begin..."think about it! Why would I dream about getting eaten by a lion? At the same time, YOU'RE dreaming of eating raw meat??!!"

He blinks for a second, and then cracks up laughing.

"We seriously need to think about putting a video camera on ourselves when we're sleeping," he concludes with a sheepish grin.

I think not.

That would be even scarier than the actual dream.

Peace.

Signature

1 comment:

La'Tonya Richardson said...

That's hilarious! Mr. Husband swears I kick him in my sleep often.