Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Circle of Life



Yesterday, I was feeling very down...depressed...and basically, sad and annoyed with life in general.

It probably had something to do with the fact that when I went & did my regular, monthly volunteer gig at my local church, there was a funeral going on...

...for an infant.

While I was manning the telephones at the front desk, dozens of grieving friends and family members filed by to pay their respects for a week-old baby girl...and the waterworks were flowing.

I didn't know the family, and yet even I got caught up in the sadness of the entire event...and questioning why things like this happen, and how sad for the parents, the grandparents, and everyone else connected to this tragic event.

It hit me...hard.

-------

Today...I went in for a facial...I have been seeing the same "girl" now for going on 6 years, and so we pretty much know everything there is to know about each other.

Anyway, I had no sooner got into the room, when she announced, "I'm pregnant!"

She had been trying for years for this to happen...and at twelve weeks along, she's still a little reluctant to believe that it can be true, but from the glow on her face, there was no doubt.

At that, my spirits soared, as I rejoiced in her good news....

Doors close. Doors open.

Lives are extinguished. New lives are born.

Someone grieves...someone else rejoices.

The beat goes on...as does the circle of life.

Peace.

Signature

No comments: