Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Our Future Rocket Scientist



If you're a regular reader of this blog, than you know that most posts involving my family also involve a little snark. In a loving way, of course.

So...when a rare opportunity comes along for me to actually brag about a family member, than I have to take it. As the saying goes, "it may never pass this way again"...although, in reality, I don't think that's true.

I really have some great kids, who I know will give me many opportunities to brag as the years go by - so forgive me if I take each and every one of them. As any proud parent would do.

Last night, Dear Daughter received an award at her elementary school as the 5th-grade "Super Citizen" of the month.

The month's theme was for Outstanding Academic Achievement - so it was just validation that my daughter is super-smart, and is further proof that she obviously takes after me. As if there were any doubt.

Hubby and I are justifiably proud of her, and we now expect nothing less than a future at an Ivy-League college with a career in Rocket Science. With a full scholarship, of course.

No pressure, though.

Peace.

Signature

2 comments:

Dual Mom said...

What a wonderful achievement for her (and you)!! Congratulations!

Mental P Mama said...

W00t! And beautiful to boot!