Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Weirdo Magnet Needs to Knock It Off...




It must be the fabulous perfume I wear...either that, or it's my magnetic personality.

There's really no other explanation for what happened today at the beach.

The beach in Ft. Myers in May is...um...empty.


Taken this afternoon at Ft. Myers Beach...

'Tis SO not the season here right now - all of the snowbirds have packed up and flocked north, leaving wide open spaces at the beach, which are truly delightful.

I could throw a rock at the beach and not hit anything, except perhaps an errant pelican or seagull.

But really - there's only a handful of people enjoying the beach on a beautiful Tuesday afternoon in May.

Which is why I truly don't understand what happened next.

I'm in my little designated beach area - towel, chair, beach bag, etc - enjoying a beautiful, unobstructed view of the Gulf...when a family comes walking by and plops their beach chairs RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.

Seriously. TWO FEET in front of me, they drop their stuff, so now instead of a beautiful, unobstructed view of the Gulf...I have a view of .... their butts.

I look to the left of me...nothing but empty beach as far as the eye can see.

I look to the right...nothing but empty beach as far as the eye can see.

And they sit RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.


Picture taken sneakily as the family walked down to the beach...

Because, I guess the view of the Gulf I have in my spot is the most perfect view EVER and you can't enjoy that view anywhere else up and down a 10-mile stretch of beach. Gah.

I then looked for a television camera, because I truly thought this was being filmed by "Candid Camera" or "What Would You Do?" This had to be a joke. But it wasn't.

As I said earlier, it MUST be my perfume.

Either that, or my weirdo magnet is working overtime.

Peace.

Signature

2 comments:

Rosalind said...

oh I would have been sooooo ticked

lacochran's evil twin said...

People are effing crazy. I would have been tempted to shout: "REALLY? YOU'RE GOING TO SIT RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME? REALLY???" until they left. Clearly, you're a nicer person. No doubt, that's why they sat there.