Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Runnin' Down a Dream



The stereo is cranked to Tom Petty and “Runnin’ Down a Dream”….

I’m driving back yesterday from the beach with the windows down and the Florida gulf breeze providing all the air-conditioning I need….

Tom finishes his last note, and next comes Aerosmith, rocking out “Sweet Emotion.”

And life is good.

It’s one of those moments you wish you could just freeze and hold on to forever.

What problems? What stress? What worries?

Those all disappear when you’ve got Petty and Tyler as car companions in the sunshine.

I shall remember this moment today, when I'm flying back to Kansas City high above the clouds and through forecasted severe weather, promising to be another bumpy flight with lots of loopty-loops and if I get lucky, another Potty-Mouth Passenger spilling over in the seat next to me....

Peace.

Signature

1 comment:

Rosalind said...

ahhhh... love the stress free moments in life :)