Monday, August 12, 2013

Review: Katz's Deli



...the one in which an encore performance is demanded....


We finished up our tour of the Tenement Museum around 8:00 pm, and were now sufficiently famished. The original "Plan" had called for us to head over to the highly recommended The Meatball Shop. Daughter has been a fan of meatballs since before she could walk, so I thought this would be a fun place to visit.

However, being the good sport that I am, I threw it out there for Hubby and Daughter to help determine where we'd head for dinner. The conversation went something like this:

Me: "So, I think we need to be heading somewhere for a bite to eat. I'd thought about - "

Daughter & Hubby, basically interrupting me in mid-sentence: "PASTRAMI!!! KATZ'S DELI!!!"

Me: "Are you sure? I mean, we were JUST there this afternoon, and had pastrami - "

Daughter & Hubby, interrupting again: "PASTRAMI! KATZ'S DELI!!!"


Well.

I guess we were headed to Katz's Deli for...you guessed it - pastrami.

I really didn't mind at all...because that bit of pastrami sandwich we'd had earlier was like HEAVEN ON EARTH, and who knows how long it would be before I'd ever be in Pastrami Paradise again??!!

A very short walk later, we were at Katz's.

Feeling like true NYC veterans, we strolled in confidently, got our Golden Tickets, and headed over to the counter to order up the Delicious, Delightful To-Die-For Pastrami Sandwich:



And...to my utter delight...the infamous "When Harry Met Sally" ACTUAL table was empty and available...so guess where I sat??!!


There I am...under the arrow!

Yup.

And the sandwich? Just as good as it was before. It will never get old. So flavorful...so succulent...so aromatic...


As we left the Deli, the skies opened up - and a torrential rainfall began pouring down. Fortunately, we were a short run from our subway station, and donning our ponchos (Yes. I had been lugging THREE of those things in my purse for the last several days - so I was almost, secretly glad that we finally needed them. Gah.), we managed to hop on a train without getting too soaked.

Soon, we were back at our warm and comfy hotel room, where we all settled down for the night...dreaming of pastrami sandwiches.....


Signature

No comments: