Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Anti-Bucket List: 10 Things I Will NEVER Do


Another 10 on Tuesday post, and today's topic was inspired by a growing trend that I've seen on the internet: the "anti-bucket" list.



Yes...instead of the list of stuff that we aspire to, how about a list of things that will NEVER, EVER happen in my lifetime. To me. I'm not saying that YOU may enjoy some - or all - of these things, because Lord knows, we're all different....So, in no particular order, here are ten things you will not see me doing:


1. I will never, ever skydive. This is an interesting item, because even if I actually, remotely even WANTED to do this (I don't), I would probably have a heart attack the second I was pushed out of the plane. You will never, ever see "plummeting to earth" on my bucket list.


2. I will never, ever go shopping at the mall on Black Friday. Crowds? Ugh. The idea of it simply horrifies me, and I MUCH prefer sitting in my pajamas, with hot cocoa in hand, surfing the internet from the comfort of my own home.


3. I will never, ever go to a Taylor Swift concert. Because...just because. Gah.


4. I will never, ever eat liver. I CAN'T EVEN GET PAST THE SIGHT OF LIVER.


5. I will never, ever pay money to see a Jennifer Aniston movie. You probably guessed by that very statement that I'm not a big fan of Jennifer Aniston...and you guessed right.


6. I will never, ever become a quilter. My mother is a quilter...and I respect that. But I have no desire to EVER learn how to piece material together. I really don't like needles.


7. I will never, ever sing a solo - or sing in a karaoke bar, for that matter. And you're welcome.


8. I will never, ever run a marathon. Don't get me wrong - I LIKE to run. Short distances...as in 5k...or a 10k, at the very most. But 26 miles? Hell to the no.


9. I will never, ever fly to Africa. Oh, I would LOVE to see Africa. Really. But being that I hate flying, the thought of being cooped up in a little aluminum tube for like, days (or so it seems), as it flies over the ocean, and then flies over jungles where there are wild animals like lions and such - gah. Nope.


10. I will never, ever pierce anything but my ears. Simple, really - I hate pain. I hate blood. I hate holes in my skin. See above where I said I hate needles. 'Nuff said.


So...what about YOU? What are some things on YOUR anti-bucket list?

Signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that is a hard one for me. One of my mantras is "never say never". But that just applies to me (and my kid). Because in the past I have said "never", only to be blasted when I did the thing I said I'd never do (get a divorce? fall for the wrong guy? and so on...)

I would have the same #1 as you do, but not for the same reasons. I just can't take the chance of leaving my daughter and husband due to some stupid decision to jump out of a plane. But I can't say I never would. Once I'm retired and my husband's financial future is set and I'm at an age where my daughter may expect to lose me by natural causes anyway, who knows? I may decide to take that jump!

So, no offense intended to you at all, and even though I hate liver, I can't think of a single thing on my "never" list. Except that I'd never kill a human. There's that. :)

kcsuz said...

I can only "promise" #4 and #8. I hate (not using the word lightly, either)liver...won't eat it. #8 won't happen since I have no cartlidge in either knee. Biking, yes, running, no. Other than that (oh, and my Cardiologist doesn't want me jumping out of a plane since it might "bend" the wires of my pacemaker) - but, I won't rule it out~ since I want to!

kcsuz said...

Can only "promise" #4 and #8. Really hate (and I don't use the word lightly)liver ~ won't eat it. Since I don't have any cartlidge in either knee - I can't run, either ~ biking, yes, running ~no. And, my Cardiologist doesn't want me jumping out of any planes (I asked him) due to the fact it might bend the wires attached to my pacemaker ~ but I can't promise that one ~ since I want to!