Tuesday, September 29, 2009

10 on Tuesday: Cool Stuff


These are the things that are on my cool meter right now…

1. My iPhone – I love all of the applications (one of these days, I'll have to do a Top 10 on my favorite aps!) and I love the appearance of the phone - it's pretty cool to whip it out and have "my world" at my fingertips.

2. My Nikon D50 camera – I got hooked on photography about 4 years ago – children and scenery are my favorite subjects. It’s pretty cool when you realize you have “the perfect shot” right in front of you.

3. My Kindle – how cool to take your entire library with you – it’s like an iPod for books! Best invention ever - and sure has saved me time and money in my packing! No more lugging along 20 books on vacation.

4. Johnny Depp – no explanation needed.

5. Live theater – I have season tickets to almost every theater venue in town. The actors on a stage have to get it right the FIRST time, unlike TV/movie actors who get take after take after take. That’s cool.

6. Facebook - I can seriously spend hours surfing FB and looking at pictures or “reconnecting” with people who spoke to me a total of 4 times in high school. Cool, huh?

7. Gospel Music – I joined the Gospel choir at church a few weeks back and I love the African-American spirituals that we’ve been singing. "Walk With Me" keeps playing over and over in my head....the music has soul – which is cool.

8. Jeans. I love this time of year when it’s cool outside and I can wear my Levi’s. I love my jeans – they’re comfy.

9. Europe – I’ve been to a lot of places all over the world - but I loved the architecture, the people and the food in Europe. It was pretty cool this summer to be walking where Julius Caesar and Michelangelo walked.

10. Volunteering – whenever you give yourself away to help others – that’s cool. That's the ultimate cool.

Peace.

No comments: