Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lazy Sunday Musings


I’m lounging in my sitting room and glance out the window…

…the sun is valiantly trying to poke its rays through the stubborn clouds…

…raindrops leftover from this morning’s shower glisten brightly on the green leaves of the trees…

…and I can’t help but wonder if the leaves know what lie in store for them....

Do they know they only have a few weeks left to live? Do they know they’re going to go out in a “blaze of glory” – bright reds, brilliant yellows, awesome oranges – each vying to outdo the other in a last gasp of autumn beauty? Do they know they’ll have a “last dance” as they break away from the tree and go swirling, spinning, twirling to the ground?

I enjoy being lazy…watching the leaves…knowing that I have a few weeks of respite before the raking begins.

Enjoy the day.

Peace.

No comments: