Friday, July 29, 2011

Killer Toads Invade Florida



Giant Killer Toads invade South Florida.

True story.

No, really. Don't laugh.

I couldn't make this stuff up.

It appears that there is a trade-off for living in Paradise...besides having to deal on a daily basis with prolific and hungry mosquitos, alligators and lizards, we also have to deal with the Invasion of the Bufo Toad.

Say, what??

The Bufo Toad.

The Bufo, also known as the Cane Toad, Giant Toad or Reef Toad, is a GINORMOUS toad that is killing small pets here with its deadly poison.

I know this from watching the local news...and when they do a teaser, "Giant frogs killing local pets" - well, that has a tendency to get your attention, which it did.

When I googled "bufo toad," all sorts of interesting articles popped up, including this one:

"I Killed the Bufo." Interesting story, there.

I have seen itty, bitty tiny frogs out near my pool, but fortunately, I have yet to stumble across a MONSTER KILLER TOAD in my yard. Because, well...if I did?

My scream would register on the Richter scale, and I would be running for my life like there was no tomorrow...like something out of a Hollywood horror movie....

I can handle lizards with no problem...I can handle (somewhat) Palmetto bugs...but Killer Toads?

Um....that's where I draw the line.

Kansas City is looking better and better, folks.

Peace.

Signature

1 comment:

lacochran's evil twin said...

Braise those legs in a little butter...okay, a lot of butter.