Some random ramblings on a Wednesday evening:
1. We have spent the last two days meeting with a designer/decorator here in Southwest Florida to begin the
2. Saw this headline tonight on the local news website:
Of course it is. This would be because WE are here. Some people are God's gift to mankind - I am God's gift to the mosquito population of Florida. The second I step outside, the dinner bell rings for every mosquito in a 50-mile radius. I have the bumps and welts on my legs to prove it. And guess where we were tonight? At Target, purchasing some MAJOR heavy-duty bug spray. Yes, fun times. Some people are at the beach; some are in bars; and we're at Target, buying bug spray. Woo hoo.
3. I'm a little late to the party, but I am currently reading Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons", and I have to say - I love it. I avoided reading it the last few years, as I mistakenly assumed that it could just never be as good as his first book, "The Da Vinci Code." I was wrong. I am seriously unable to put my Kindle down - and to have to be interrupted to pick out tile and granite and carpet is seriously putting me in a very grouchy mood. Enough already! Let me finish my book! I have to make sure that the Vatican isn't annihilated!!!!
4. Speaking of "Angels and Demons", while we were at Target tonight, I picked up the DVD of the same name. Huh. I didn't even know they had filmed the movie - I seriously must have been living under a rock for the last few years. Now, I can't WAIT to finish the book so I can pop in the DVD and see how it all plays out on the screen. Will Tom Hanks be able to save the Vatican??!
5. In between meeting with our decorator, Bruce, we've been power-washing our lanai for the last two days. Fun times. You're not living until you've washed off algae and mildew - inch by inch - in the hot sun. However, it is now done - and I have to say, it looks brand new. So worth all of the back-breaking labor. And here's a tip - accidentally power-washing your bare toes really stings. Trust me on that - don't try it at home. However, it's a great toenail polish remover. Even when you don't plan on removing your toenail polish.
So...off to go paint my toenails...spray some bug spray...and read another chapter or two of my book.
Hope everyone is enjoying their Wednesday night - and hope you're not at Target, having to buy bug spray.