Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekend Update


Mickey and I...this afternoon...


Yes, I'm still alive.

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth.

I could blame it on the usual, "I've been so busy, blah, blah, blah," and that would be true...

...meeting with various contractors, tile installers, kitchen cabinet builders, designers, etc...

...packing up everything that isn't nailed down so that the house can basically be gutted...

...arranging for furniture to go to consignment; linens to go to Goodwill; and everything else into storage...

...putting on my CSI:Florida hat to investigate why a giant water spot keeps appearing in the MIDDLE of my garage floor...(and it's still a mystery...even the local handyman can't figure it out...????)...

...and spending time with my daughter.

Because that's what this is all about, really. Spending some uninterrupted quality time with my daughter as she transitions from being a kid into becoming a young woman...and what a transition it has been.

She's blossomed in front of my eyes the last few weeks...as we've been talking, laughing, and sharing together...we've motivated each other to exercise every day, whether its playing an early-morning game of tennis or swimming laps in the pool...we've helped each other eat better - as I've been mandated by my doctor to go low-fat, due to a troublesome gallbladder, and she...well...just needs to learn to eat healthier, period...

We've had some fun times the last few days, and I hope to share some stories and pictures of our adventures...

...but in the meantime, I'm off to the garage (again) to figure out that darn puddle of water. It's enough to drive me crazy.

Peace.

Signature

2 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

I love hearing happy mother/daughter stories.

La'Tonya Richardson said...

Awww that's so sweet! Doesn't it seem like they're growing up so fast?! My youngest will be 12 in two months. It seems like just yesterday she was only two. My baby is no longer a baby. Some days, I'm not okay with that. Shhh don't tell anyone.