Monday, February 13, 2012

My Time in Dullsville



Wash, rinse, repeat.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

That is pretty much my life the last few weeks...and hence, the reason I haven't blogged very much.

My life is in a rut.

In some ways, it's rather nice to be in SUCH a routine - and to have a relatively boring life - that nothing would rate a blog post. Boring can be a good thing.

The kids are all doing fine...five of the seven are in college, and so it's a bit hectic trying to keep up with everyone's schedules - but it's all good.

The pets are all doing fine...they're spoiled rotten and eating well and enjoying life, as only spoiled, pampered pets can.

Hubby is doing fine...if he's not working, he's volunteering weekly at a local nursing home, where he leads a worship service each week...and if he's not working or worshiping, he's investing. Yes, my hubby's mistress is the Stock Market, and I have learned that she can be a bitch sometimes, but he loves her. Sigh.

We've had a few nice dinners and nights at the theater lately, but nothing out of the ordinary. Same ol' stuff.

I'm doing fine...my running/training has kicked up a notch, as I am determined to run that 10k before my 50th birthday in June.

I'm in the gym a minimum of six days a week, running on the treadmill and lifting some weights - pushing myself harder and harder to get in gear. The only thing that could possibly hold me back would be an injury (shudder), and I'm trying to focus so an injury won't even be a possibility.

If I'm not working out, then I'm working on Red Cross activities...Girl Scout activities...and keeping everything organized and managed on the home front.

Sigh.

Nothing exciting. Nothing earth-shattering.

Boring stuff.

Yup - you know your life is in a rut when a little bit of snow this morning creates huge excitement. Sigh.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
Peace.

Signature

2 comments:

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

This is a good thing..."life is dullsville". Better than having to write about what daughter went through!!!! How's she doing???
A previous post...R-Rated...could stand for RED Cross!!!! lol
Lois

Gwen said...

As boring and mundane as life can get it makes for a break from the craziness! Enjoy the break and YAY for hitting the gym so much! Happy Valentine's Day!!!