Sunday, December 21, 2008

Too Many Chocolate Martinis


Last night, we hosted our annual family open house for Christmas.... The Saturday before Christmas each year, we invite both sides of the family over for "reindeer games", food, fun, fellowship, more food, presents, and more food.  (Did I mention there's lots of food??!!)

Although the temperatures outside last night were downright frigid - not even a penguin can survive in these temperatures - the inside of my house was warm with laughter, fun and good cheer. It was almost a scene out of "The Christmas Carol" - I felt like Mr. Fezziwig. Okay, maybe I'm more of a Mrs. Fezziwig - but you know what I mean. When I was a little girl, I thought the character's name was "Mr. Fuzziwig"  - because he gives warm fuzzies to his friends, families and employees every year at Christmas.

Hubby added a special twist this year to the party by indulging us in chocolate martinis. Woo - hoo! They were delicious! All four of them that I drank! Seriously...I was feeling no pain last night when I went to bed - but certainly felt the pain this morning waking up. Those martinis can certainly bring the warm fuzzies, huh?!

It's good to get the family together....life is too short to miss out on these opportunities. We're probably blessed in that our families all get along - we don't have the fighting or the drama that can make up some get-togethers, fortunately. Between the 7 kiddies and the 7 grand-kiddies, along with moms, dads, in-laws, etc - the house was full. 

So - take some time this year to spread some warm fuzzies with YOUR family and friends. Drink chocolate martinis if you have to, but do something to spread the warmth of the season to those you love. Take some advice from me, though - take some aspirin before you go to bed. You'll thank me in the morning.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go...um...take some more aspirin. Hee hee.

Be sure to do your part today to save the world - one act at a time, one day at a time. Make a difference somewhere.

Peace.

No comments: