Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve



New Year's Eve...a time for parties, refections, and resolutions.

A normal New Year's Eve has Hubby and I heading either out for a fancy dinner, or a party at the Hyatt. THIS year, though, due to this darned cold/flu thing I have going, we're sitting here at home...eating Jason's Deli take-out...and gearing up to watch "Mamma Mia" on the DVD player. Woo hoo, huh?!

Is it just me, or has it gotten more difficult to stay up until midnight each year? Does that mean I'm getting old??! Gosh - I hope not. I never think of myself as "old" - until I can't stay up until midnight any more.

I love this holiday. I love the chance to reflect on the previous year - and I love to look forward to the new year- like a fresh start.

Whatever it is you're doing tonight, be safe - and be joyous. Kiss someone for me at midnight, as I will NOT be awake! I'll be snoozing away in bed...hoping this cold is gone by tomorrow! I do NOT want to start 2009 being sick!

Peace.

No comments: