Monday, January 12, 2009
Emergency Room Prayers
Events of Friday, January 2, 2009
So...I have a wake-up call scheduled for 2:15 a.m. Saturday morning. Have to catch a 5:45 a.m. flight to Jamaica.
Here's the plan:
1. Have everything packed by 6:00 p.m. Friday night.
2. Nice, quiet dinner at 6:00 p.m.
3. Happily indulge in a Tylenol PM at 7:00 p.m.
4. Be sound asleep, dreaming of warm, Jamaican waters, by 8:00 p.m.
What actually happened:
1. Almost everything packed by 6:00 p.m. Friday night.
2. Hubby comes home at 6:00 p.m. - complaining of bad tummy ache. No dinner for me or him, as I fuss over him.
3. Hubby announces he must go to the emergency room at 7:00 p.m.
4. Sit in E.R. room for 4 hours - waiting for doctor, waiting for nurse, waiting for radiologist. Appendicitis? Gallstone?
5. Pray, pray, pray that Hubby will be all right - all thoughts of Jamaica are gone.
6. Find out at 11:30 p.m. that Hubby has a hernia - but can go home and consult with surgeon next week.
7. Discharged at 11:45 p.m.
8. Bed at 12:15 a.m.
After the emotional highs and lows for the evening, and worry about Hubby, I really didn't want to proceed with the mission trip to Jamaica. However, Hubby was insistent that I go - the doctor was able to manually "push" the hernia back in and Hubby was in no pain. So - I finished packing as fast as possible, set alarm for EARLY Saturday, and said a prayer of thanks that Hubby was going to be okay. Blessed sleep.
I will try to do MY part tomorrow to save the world - by going on this mission trip. One action at a time, one day at a time. My first action will be to try to get some sleep.