Saturday, April 4, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

After a 9-hour drive yesterday - I finally am home! I love that word - home!

Wednesday night, we had 8 people in our shelter. All of the mandatory evacuation orders had been lifted, and most of our clients had returned home. When we got off of work at 7:00 am Thursday morning, our manager told me to check in around 2:00 pm to see if the shelter would continue to be opened.

I crawl into bed at 8:30 am and fell asleep. I awake at 3:00 pm when Ted calls me to see if I've heard anything from Frank. I am astounded and amazed that I had slept that long - I really AM beginning to adjust to the night shift!

I call Frank - and good news - the shelter is closed and we are free to go! Woo hoo! I call my team and we make arrangements to head over to HQ and outprocess - and we will then head home Friday.

We had an uneventful drive home yesterday - it's always nice to be heading home, and so we made good time. We checked in at the chapter, left our paperwork, and then dropped the rental cars off. I got home right before my kids got home from school - boy, weren't they surprised to see mom standing at the door!!

Last night was spent with unpacking, doing laundry, going through the mail that's piled up, cleaning the house a little - and just lovin' on the pets and family.

Life is good. All is well with the world. And there's truly no place like home.

Peace.

No comments: