Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Hidden Perk



Most people, when they hear about my volunteer work with the Red Cross, always seem to ask, "What's it like?"

And I'll mention the constant traveling, the variety of sleeping arrangements, the amazing people that I meet all over the country, as well as the high-sodium food that one devours while on deployments.

But, little do they know of one secret little perk, which I'm about to share with you all today.

I'll let you read the text conversation I was having with my supervisor yesterday...her words are in grey; mine are in green:




A "rub down"???!!!

Bwahahahahahahahaha.

Oh my goodness, I laughed. And laughed. And laughed. As frustrating as it can be for me to text (I have never developed the knack for fast texting), it's things like this that keep me texting.

So...a rub down. Don't tell anyone about this little perk - it's a secret.

Peace.


Signature

No comments: