Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sounds of the Season


Yesterday was daughter’s music program at school. The 4th, 5th, and 6th grade band and orchestra each had a “mini” concert – serenading the audience with 60 minutes of torture joy for the holiday season.

Dear Daughter just started playing the violin 3 months ago.

All I have to say, is, there is nothing quite like the sound of a 10-year old practicing on the violin each night. And the cats, too, just love the sound of the bow as it screeches glides across the strings.

Yesterday's concert had at least 3 versions of Jingle Bells. Which is what daughter's been practicing over and over without end driving us all insane at home.

Don't you just love the sounds of the holiday season?!

Peace.

Signature

5 comments:

La'Tonya Richardson said...

OMG, you too?!

My ten-year-old daughter plays the violin, and her Christmas concert was Tuesday. Now 5th grade, she's played since first grade. The screetching has not stopped. Every now and then, I have to ask if there is enough rosin on that bow?!

The concert got started late, 6:10 by 6:30, we were on our way out the door. I love short and sweet! Did you see, I didn't talk about the music?!

KCSherri said...

La'Tonya - I keep telling you, we're sisters separated at birth! We are living parallel lives!

That's funny - I wish our concert was only 20 minutes - it was a FREAKIN' hour!!!!

If they come up with invisible ear plugs, I am so there. If I find some, I'll let you know. :)

Thanks for visiting today! Have a GREAT weekend!

Deidra said...

My mom plays the violin with the symphony where she lives. It's beautiful. But growing up, I didn't really appreciate the sound...until I tried to learn to play it for myself. I'm sure my parents cringed and dreaded reminding me that it was time to practice. Eventually I gave it up for ballet which worked out much better for me. And for my parents!

Jenny said...

Is the violin worse then a recorder? Wow, those were bad. Sax practice was not quite as painful! We have a little program today to go to but it's singing and how bad can that be? ha!

Aunt Juicebox said...

My cat HATES when I practice my bagpipe chanter. She gets all freaky and weird.

My daughter plays the piccolo. At least eventually the violin will sound better. Piccolos can make you deaf regardless of how "good" the player is! lol