Friday, January 29, 2010

Exploding Ears!


Brought to my knees by a sinus infection.

That's the official diagnosis from the doctor today. Yes, hell froze over, folks - the day the Drama Queen picks up a phone and calls for a doctor's appointment for HERSELF is a small miracle. Goes to show how miserable I've been feeling the last 3 days. After suffering through another horrible, sleepless, painful night - I called the doctor's office today at 9:30 a.m. The receptionist said they could see me at 9:50 a.m.

I had seen the doctor and was leaving with prescriptions in hand by 10:02 a.m.

Now, THAT's service.

I probably would have let things go except for the fact that I have another mission trip (to Belize!) coming up in a week - and the last thing I wanted/needed was to be sick - on a plane or in a foreign country. I couldn't imagine having any more pain or pressure on my ears than I've had for the last 3 days - on a plane, surely they would explode. Yowza. Exploding ears is what got me to call the doctor.

So - I'm off to take my medications and get some rest and drink lots of fluids. Sometimes even Drama Queens must take it easy and just let things go - and although it's hard to not want to clean the house or do the laundry or cook dinner or pay the bills or run errands - I know that my job - at this moment - is to take care of me.

Peace.

Signature

3 comments:

Deidra said...

Glad you called the doctor! Here's to weekend of rest and recovery!

Mental P Mama said...

Arggggh. Take care!

Dual Mom said...

Having dealt with a defunct ear ALL of my adult life, I feel your pain.

And you were totally right to get a prescription...the pressure from the plane along with the ear infection would have more than likely busted your ear drum. And THAT my friend...isn't a pleasant experience.

Hope you're feeling better soon!