And now…an important announcement…I am now honored, tickled and pleased to report that I have received my SECOND Blogger Award!
I am so humbled. Really. Seriously.
Thanks to Kate at Fabulous @ 50 for bestowing upon me the Beautiful Blogger award.
As I told Kate in my acceptance speech, sometimes I wonder, as I sit here and muse, if anyone really pays attention to what I say….and sometimes, as I struggle with writer’s block, as we all probably do, I wonder if I should just give it up.
And then…along comes some kudos and appreciation and hope is restored and the writer juices start flowing again. So – woo hoo!
Now it's my duty to tell you 7 things about myself and pass on the award to 7 other beautiful bloggers.
7 THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. I have a mole on my little toe. Just a little tiny mole – it looks somewhat like a freckle – and I actually think it’s rather sexy. I’ve asked my hubby several times if he agrees with me – “Isn’t it sexy, honey?” – and he just looks at me like I’m crazy. Sigh. Cindy Crawford’s mole is considered sexy. So why isn’t mine?
2. I am a gadget junkie. Especially travel gadgets. I am addicted to a catalog called www.Magellans.com where I shop for all different kinds of goodies that make my travels so much easier. When I DO travel, it becomes a virtual “Show and Tell” as I show off all of my gadgets that are fun, fabulous and oh-so-essential. ☺
3. My eyes have changed color over the years. When I was younger, they were definitely brown. As I have gotten older, they have turned lighter and lighter – they are now brown around the pupils, surrounded by green, and then surrounded by blue. Some people have called them “Rainbow Eyes” – which sounds really cool. But the Driver’s License Bureau didn’t exactly let me put “Rainbow” on my license….the eye doctor told me they are genetically blue. So, blue it is. Sigh. “Rainbow” sounds so much prettier.
4. One of my first jobs right out of college was as an Assistant Supervisor in a billing department at a large area hospital. This was in the mid-80’s – I’m ashamed to admit that I would wear a “Power Suit” every day to work – with the giant, padded shoulders and tight skirts…I was so “Falcon Crest”/”Dynasty” – and I thought I was so, so hot. Oh, let’s not forget the Big 80’s hair…pouffed and teased and held in place by a gallon of hair spray every day.
5. I don’t like the sound of wind. It kinda’ creeps me out. Which makes it difficult to go on hurricane assignments with the American Red Cross, as I’ve had to ride out some hurricanes, and I am extremely anxious when the wind is whistling and blowing. A nice, juiced-up iPod with good earphones is very helpful in these situations. I’ve learned to carry 3 of them when I travel – God forbid the battery runs down on one before the hurricane is over – I have 2 for back-up. Hey. It works for me.
6. I seriously love, love, love the sun and these cloudy, dreary, grey winter days are killing me. I thought I would get a sunshine fix while in Jamaica last week, but alas – it was cloudy and dreary there, too. I can’t wait for spring. Seriously.
7. I love jewelry. I love rings and bracelets and necklaces. Earrings – not so much. But I love the bling…I wear rings on almost every finger – and the sparkly, the better. I don’t wear them when I travel – but the minute I get back home, on they go. My fingers are happy and I’m happy.
Now, my 7 winners are:
LaTonya @ 40’s Reason’s to Live, Love and Laugh Out Loud
Noelle @ Elastic Waistbands and Comfortable Shoes
Niki @ The Grounded Drink Lady
Diva Ma @ Mommy Fabulous
Aunt Juicebox @ Bacon is My Lover
Chief @ Hiding From the Kids
Jenny @ Jenny Matlock
So, thank you - for this awesome award. Now I'm going to go out for a celebratory dinner - any excuse I can find to have hubby take me out for dinner, hey - I'm all over it.