Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Big Leagues


Image from here


Step aside, Alex Rodriguez.

And Albert Pujols?

You've got NOTHING on me.

I've become quite the power-hitter these days. And I'm quite proud of it. Obviously.

What the heck am I talking about, you may ask?

Why, couponing, of course.

Couponing, to me, is like a baseball game. (I love baseball.)

If I can buy an item on sale, then I've hit a single.

If I can buy an item on sale, and additionally, use a coupon - then I've just smacked a double.

If I can buy an item on sale, use a coupon, AND get money back from the store on it - then I've just scored a triple. Woot!

And a home run?

That's getting an item on sale, using a coupon, getting money back from the store - AND getting a manufacturer's rebate. THAT is the ultimate score. Which I've yet to do, but I'm working on it!

My grocery store trips are bagging me mainly singles and doubles.

But when I shop at the local drugstore? Triples, baby. Lots and lots of triples.

Last night was my mom's birthday party, and I actually spent part of it teaching the basics of couponing to my family. My mother, my brother, my sister and my cousin were my eager students, and I showed them my system on how I knock it out of the park whenever I shop.

I think they were initially skeptical, but when I started showing them my inventory of laundry soap, toilet paper, razors, make-up, shampoo, deodorants, etc - all bought for next-to-nothing (and in some cases, they WERE free!), then they became believers.

Today, I was thrilled when my sister called on her way to the drugstore, about to embark on her first coupon trip. She was set to hit some triples herself.

I was so proud.

Another generation of power-hitters has now been unleashed.

Peace.

No comments: