Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Spring Break to Remember




Spring Break is almost over, and we're back home in Kansas City...

Yes, our wild and tumultuous week in Florida has come to an end, and it's now time to settle down and get back to our usual, dull routine.

And because you can't hear my voice as I type that, imagine the above sentence said with huge, dripping sarcasm, dear readers.

Because - due to the fact that 3 out of 3 of us were sick this past week - our home in Florida looked more like a hospital wing than a vacation resort.

Instead of beach chairs, suntan lotion and margaritas, it was Mucinex, Kleenex and Tylenol, as we all succumbed to the creepy, croupy crud that seems to settle permanently in your chest and throat, causing aches, coughs and chills. Fun, huh?

I have the added joy of having a unique reaction when I take cold medicine - as it seems that no matter what I take, I get wired - WIRED, I tell you - so that there is no rest for the weary.

There's nothing like laying awake all night while a little feather tickles the far, far deep recesses of your throat. Gah.

I'm coughing as I type this.

Yes, this will be a Spring Break to remember.

Not.

Signature

No comments: