Saturday, November 28, 2009

Mother Nature's Valium


If you're any kind of "Sherlock Holmes", then you have deduced that my life is somewhat crazy-busy and over the top. And it usually is always (wait - does that sense? "Usually always"???? Oh well....) crazy busy - it never slows down.

Except for my mornings.

This is the view from my bed...in fact, I'm laying in bed as I took this photo...and that's "my" lake. Every morning, when I open my eyes, I'm treated to a delightful vision of Mother Nature in her finest.... The sun is just peeking out over the water; the birds are flying over the lake, swooping in to catch their morning breakfast; and the water....well, it just is. And it's beautiful just as it is.

This is when I just lie there - taking it all in....breathing deeply....relaxing...before the craziness begins. It keeps me going, knowing that tomorrow morning, I get to wake up all over again and take it all in. Again.

Do you have daily rituals that calm you? That keep you focused? Grounded? That make you just want to say, "Wow. God is good."?

Signature

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm glad you have such a lovely soothing view. Mine is lovely and green. When I wake up I fumble for my glasses and then look out the french doors onto the green, green backyard. It is so happy and calming. And then I wish, wish, wish really hard that my husband will bring me coffee in bed and it usually comes true!

lacochran said...

Gorgeous view! I would love to live on the water, again. Morning ritual? Hot bath. It's my time to think or not think, which ever is needed.

Unknown said...

i am so glad i don't have to wake up to that view every morning. i would never, ever, EVER get out of bed.

KCSherri said...

Jenny - what a lucky girl - and what an awesome Hubby you have! My hubby will bring me the morning paper so I can read in bed. Life is good!

LA - I love hot baths, but my baths are normally my evening ritual - to "wind" down from the crazy, busy day!

Noelle - that made me laugh! I never thought of it that way - if I wasn't so crazy busy right now, I may have to do that one day. Just stay in bed all day! That would be freakin' awesome.

Aunt Juicebox said...

Wow! Love it!