Thursday, February 25, 2010

Crack Dip Recipe


Okay, some of you have heard of the famous “Crack Dip” – and others of you are like me, who apparently has been living under a rock my entire lifetime because frankly? I had never heard of Crack Dip....And here I thought I was cool….and hip…but alas…I missed the boat on this one. Either that, or my circle of social friends don’t deal with Crack Dip. Because not a single friend has ever brought this dip over to any of MY parties. Losers.

So – here’s the recipe that I found on the internet – but if you do a google search, you’ll find like, 100 variations of it. Which is understandable – because think about it, there’s probably 100 different versions of the chocolate chip cookie and that’s just a freakin’ cookie. Seriously - how many different ways can you make a chocolate chip cookie? So - imagine the variations on a dip....

Crack Dip

8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened

1/4 cup ranch salad dressing

1/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing

1/2 cup buffalo sauce or buffalo style barbecue sauce

1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (shredded mozzarella cheese can be substituted)

2 cans chicken breast (or if you’re uncomfortable with canned meat, you can shred up a rotisserie chicken. Snob. Hehe..just kiddin’ ya’ll!)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a deep baking dish, mix cream cheese, salad dress, buffalo sauce, and cheese. Stir until combined. Stir in chicken.
Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes, until the dish is heated through. Serve with crackers, pita chips, sliced bread or vegetables.

NOTE: Depending on your tastes and the ingredients on hand, you can use 1/2 cup ranch or blue cheese salad rather than 1/4 cup of each. Similarly, you can mix blue cheese and mozzarella, or use portions of each.

Enjoy!

Peace.

Signature

3 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Mercy! I want that. Now.

La'Tonya Richardson said...

When I saw Crack Dip, I started laughing. There is actually such a dish. But did you find out if what your daughter had was indeed crack, or crab dip?

I'm glad you can use all ranch instead of blue cheese. I've never had it, but I'm not a big cheese fan, and if it's blue, I know I don't want it. LOL Other than that, this sounds good!

KCSherri said...

Mama - I want some, too! I may have to make it this weekend!

La'Tonya - I had never heard of this, really! And daughter meant Crack Dip - she said they didn't put crab in it, so I guess she knew what she was talking about! :) I had just assumed it was another one of her "mishaps" with words...she does that frequently.