Tuesday, October 20, 2009
10 on Tuesday: Things I Need to be Working On
Do you have a “to-do” list? I do – I can’t function without one. That’s probably because my brain can only hold so much information, and I think I reached maximum capacity a long time ago. Anything new – as in reminders to myself – have to be written down on my ongoing to-do list. Here’s the most recent list:
1. Christmas shopping. When you have 7 kids, 8 grandkids, numerous nephews & nieces, parents, pets, teachers, in-laws and out-laws and ex-laws to buy for – you gotta’ start early. REALLY early.
2. Pack. I really should be doing more packing and sorting and getting ready for the upcoming move to the new house. But, as any faithful reader of my blog knows, I don’t like packing. So this ain’t happenin’ right now. If there’s one thing I’m really good at, it’s procrastinating.
3. Rake leaves. We have 25 trees (hubby counted) in the back yard of our new house. We have 17 trees (I counted) in the back yard of our existing house. 42 trees shed a lot of leaves. Which equates to a lot of raking. Oh, be still my beating heart. I’m praying for a giant windstorm to come through and blow all of them down the street. I can hope.
4. Get in shape. Okay, that one made me laugh. Moving on….
5. Plan the Thanksgiving menu. Yes, it will be here before we know it. And the stores will be out of pumpkin pie filling if I don’t act soon. That would be a tragedy. Darn. Maybe I’ll wait on that one.
6. Eat healthier. Okay, that was another funny one. But it looks good on paper. (My mom reads my blog.)
7. My hubby would say I need to be working on my chronic stomach issues. I don’t know – I’m resigned to it and enjoy being the martyr. He keeps insisting it’s time to get a different doctor who can locate the source of my tummy pain. Frankly, I am tired of being poked and prodded and x-rayed and zapped. I can live with it, really.
8. Iron out the details for our Spring Break trip to Walt Disney World. If you know me, you know that I am a stickler for details – and I like a well-organized vacation. We’re almost done with this – but just a few more tweaks and we’ll have the perfect trip planned. I’m a Disney junkie, so I can’t wait. ☺
9. Read. I read every day – but books are released faster than I can consume the print. Stop it, publishers! Let me catch up! I need a moratorium on books!
10. Last, but not least: Do nothing. Yup – you read that right. Some times I need to remember to work on “nothing” –just sittin’ back – chillin’ – livin’ in the moment and doin’ nothing. Just breathing. I don’t do that often enough – does anyone?
What are YOU working on?