This much is very evident - I am older than I think I am. And staying up, partying until 2:00 a.m., is a rarity in my middle-aged existence. For a good reason.
Friday night was spent partying with several high school friends for the "pre-party" 30th reunion. Small crowd, but lots of fun.
Friday night, having fun with some of the gang...
The party Friday night was for Grandview graduates, Class of 1974 on up....it was good to see classmates who were "ahead" of us back in school...these guys were our role models, and who we emulated ourselves after.
Melanie (Class of 1974) and me....
Saturday was spent partying with the main group...big crowd, even bigger fun.
The Class of 1980 at Grandview Senior High School
1. Cosmopolitans should NEVER cost $10. I treated my drink as liquid gold. When I accidentally spilled a tiny drop, I blanched, as there went $2.00 worth of drink. Dang it.
2. Name tags at high school reunions are a darn good thing....
3. I'm on the fence as to whether spouses should attend. I brought Hubby along, but I don't think he had nearly a good time as I had. Same for all the other spouses. If Hubby wants to take me to his next high school reunion, I will politely pass on it...and tell him to have a grand time without me.
4. Facebook has been a Godsend in bringing our class together...many people said they came only because they had reconnected with others on FB.
5. I haven't aged a bit, but I can't say the same for some of my classmates. (And that was said with total sarcasm....I was tickled to see everyone looking so YOUNG - so we can't possibly be getting older, right?!)
Bottom line - I'm SOOOOO glad I went. I had a wonderful time. We have a great group of people in our class, and it was fantastic to see everyone again.....