Thursday, June 3, 2010

Isn't This Illegal???



Florida is good for my ego.

After spending the morning at the realtor's office, where we narrowed down our choices for our new house, we headed to beautiful Ft Myers beach.

I was out in the water, catching some waves, when I was approached by a little boy.

He said, "Excuse me...have we met before?"

"No," I said. "My family is just visiting. We're hoping to buy a house here, though."

"Oh....well, if you come back, would you like to go on a date?"

My mouth dropped...I did manage to sputter, "I'm sorry...I'm married."

"Romeo" then said, "That's okay...you can still have a boyfriend." Hmmmm....he's persistent.

"How old are you?" I asked, wondering if I was being punk'd.

He chirped, "I'm 8 years old!"

"I'm going to be 48 years old in about two weeks," I replied.

"Well, I like older women."

I have no idea where our very surreal conversation would have headed next, as my pint-sized pursuer's mother had noticed us conversing, and was frantically trying to get his attention to come in from the water. No beach blanket bingo for the two of us, I'm afraid. But, can you believe it?!?!? He must have had a case of sunstroke.


Signature

4 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

I love it!!

Do you think his dad put him up to it?

:-)

lacochran said...

You cougar, you.

Tgoette said...

LOL! Shame on you for corrupting the morals of a young boy... especially when there are plenty of us older boys that could use some corrupting!

So "Mrs. Robinson", stop on by my place. I have something for you!

Aunt Juicebox said...

Sounds like a very good place to live. ;)