Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Leaf-Raking Fish




"Hurricane force" winds are blowing across the Midwest today.

Normally, I'd be all "gah" and "bleh" over that news, but because we have approximately seven trillion leaves in our back yard, I am all about the wind.

I love fall, and I love the multi-colored leaves - when they stay on the trees, that is. I don't like them so much when they fall and blanket all of my grass and I know it's just a matter of time when one of us in this family has to get out there and rake.

Normally, that's the Hubs, but I help. Sometimes.

So - I'm a little excited about the wind today, as I see it as "free labor" that will help dissipate the leaves in my yard. Not that I'm wishing them on my neighbors - gah! What kind of person do you think I am??!

If the leaves would just blow about 10 feet to the north, they'd all land in the lake, and then the fishes would get to enjoy the autumnal splendor, just like us.

Which begs the question...do fishes swim really fast and then throw themselves into big piles of leaves at the bottom of the lake?

Hmmm.....just wondering.

Peace.

Signature

4 comments:

Ellen said...

It's so funny you should post about this. I'm sitting here in my office looking out the window (in good old Missouri) and watching the same thing with my gazillion leaves and thinking about posting about it. Wish I had a lake they could all fall into! Thanks for sharing.

Aunt Juicebox said...

One of the advantages of having a condo - no yard work. It's one of the FEW advantages, but still. LOL

Mental P Mama said...

LOL...Hope your method works...And, I think the young fish jump and play.

Jenny said...

What a cute visual. Love the wind helping you out but mostly I'm just jealous you have autumn leaves!