Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Vive la Chile




Buried alive....

...for sixty nine days....

...in a dark hole...with limited food, water, sunshine, privacy...

I can't even imagine it.

I can't even imagine what the Chilean miners have gone through since their ordeal began more than two months ago.

I can't even imagine what their families have gone through...worried about their husbands, brothers, fathers and their physical, emotional and mental health. Worried if their loved ones would ever see the light of day again.

My interest in psychology has me so, so curious about these men...I would love to be able to sit down with them, and pick their brains...we could learn so much from them, and use this information to help others down the road....

As one of the miners said, there wasn't 33 miners in that cave. There were 34. Because God never left them. He was there the entire time.

And I know that God will be with them and their families as they now deal with their new-found freedom, and all of the joys, challenges, etc that comes with that.

Vive la Chile.

Peace.

Signature

No comments: