Friday, December 10, 2010

Feelin' the Love for "Community"




Ah, the love for Community keeps on growing.

This little-watched television show has absolutely, positively been my favorite show for the past year – managing to surpass the hilarious Modern Family and Top Chef on my list of must-see TV...which is quite amazing, as I really, really, really love Top Chef, what with the food and the snark and the egos of the competing chefs.

I love snarky shows. And Community is especially snarky.

And now, the rest of the world is finally catching on.

BuddyTV has ranked Communityas #1 in it’s list of Top 10 TV shows. They write, “Community was easily the funniest thing on television in 2010.”

So true.

New York Magazine recently named Community as #1 on IT’S Top 10 of television.

As the writer for New York Magazine says, “the show explodes TV conventions while working within them”, and “it’s consistently hilarious.”

Huh. I knew that all along.

And E Online! had it at #3 for in their Top 10 of TV Comedies for 2010.

Of course, I knew last year that Community was epic…I blogged about it in this March entry, “Tardy to the Party.”

If you have never watched this 30-minute sitcom, give it a chance. It’s on Thursday nights at 7:00 pm CST on NBC….it’s streets ahead better than Big Bang Theory or Survivor or anything else you could possibly be watching at that time.

And the critics - for once - agree with me. :)

Peace.

Signature

1 comment:

LDswims said...

I hadn't even heard of this show so thanks for the tips. I love your other faves, too - Top Chef and Modern Family for the same reasons. We hardly ever watch NBC so have no idea what's over there anymore. I'll have to check it out.

My biggest question at the moment is if it's a show we can just tune into now or if we need to go back and watch from the beginning for history?